Pages

Sunday 8 June 2014

Fathers Day Gift Ideas

Okay so Fathers Day here in Australia is still 3 months away, but as a lot of readers of my blog are in the UK and US I thought I might get onto the gift idea list early!

I dont know about everyone else's dad but my dad is usually easy to shop for when it comes to Fathers Day. He is a avid reader and a runner so usually it is books and new runners or gear related to running. But this year will be a little difficult. He hasn't been running much lately and well that only leaves books and with 5 other siblings we cant all get him a book LOL.

Anyway without further or do here are my top picks for gifts for all different kinds of Dads.

My Dad isnt a big drinker but my husband (Dad to our two gorgeous kids) has recently started getting into home Brews and even turned a little bar fridge into a Kegerator with a cool little Beer Tap on top. So this next gift would be for the Dad that has his own bar.

I found this cool little gift on etsy for $33.00.



It is a bottle opener, it mounts on the wall in your bar and catches all the bottle caps. Now I know with the beers on tap obviously they are in glasses wont have bottle tops but its a great little feature/accessory to add to the wall and there are always going to be nights where friends bring their own bottles of beer or you have your own cases of beer in the fridge and not on tap.

Still on the same theme are some beer glasses that apparently keep your beer bubbling for longer than a normal glass and retains the head of the beer all the way to the bottom.  These ones are called 'Headmaster Beer Glasses'. And would make a great addition to any home bar.

Moving on to Cologne, always a safe gift idea if your Dad has a favourite that he is always running out of.

My husband loves Paco Rabanne's - 1 Million. This is one of those Colognes that gets restocked every year and my dad likes L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake.




Next I thought every day needs a new shirt for spring/summer and I love a good Polo. This one here is just a plain Tommy Hilfger Polo but there are many different styles out there that you can get. 


 I love polos rather than regular T-Shirts, they look less casual and more mature. But still 'young'. 

And coming into the warmer weather everyone loves a new pair of sunnies. I love Rayban, and I can see my dad in a pair of classic Aviator Sunnies :-)


Last but not least if your thinking of splurging and getting something a little more expensive or you have some siblings and can possibly do a larger joint gift. An Ipad makes a great gift. We purchased one as a joint present for my Mother-In-Law and she has said there basically doesn't go a day where it does not get used! Keep your dad up to date with technology plus if he is a reader like mine, he can start uploading some ibooks and read wherever he goes :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment