Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Current Everyday Makeup Products

Hi guys, so I thought I would share with you my basic natural everyday make up routine. It is quiet simple and a barely any makeup look. I like having a foundation with a light coverage and very neutral eyes with a nice pink gloss (current fave - Nyx Butter Gloss in Maple Blonde) and a little bit of pink on the cheeks.





So for Foundation, just on a everyday bases, I use Rimmels Wake Me Up Foundation (Im the colour Beige). I like this foundation just for a basic everyday routine. Its not very expensive, light coverage and has a slight glow about it. (If I want a treat I will use Chanels Vitalumiere but the Rimmel one is fine for everyday and the finish is good).

I buff this into my skin using Sigmas F82 Brush (Round Kabuki). I love the sigma brushes! The sigma sigmax brushes especially, amazing for putting foundation on. They are super dense and really work the foundation in nicely and give a great even finish (you can get these from Redefining Beauty here in Australia).

Then I put on my Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer (I am the shade Nude). It covers my dark circles well and is a great highlighter to. I bring this down as far as the top of my cheek bone as it does have highlighting properties. I run a little bit of this down centre of my nose sometimes as well.

I then apply just a small amount of NYC Sunny Bronzer around the outside of my face and just below cheek bones and upper neck under my jaw line. I love this bronzer, I have had it for soo long, just an inexpensive drugstore brand but it is the perfect natural matte bronzer for me. I dont like anything too dark and I find this is a great subtle bronzer!

Next is cheeks. At the moment I am taking a break from the plum shades and enjoying a nice pink. I have been trying out the Nyx Cream Blush in Glow (which you might have seen in my first Haul Video ). It blends in nicely and a little goes a long way with this, its fairly bright so you do not need much. I just use my fingers and dab a little onto my cheeks and blend it in, I dont come too far in to the apples of my cheeks as I have a fairly round face and dont want to make my cheeks look any more rounder then they are LOL. I love that this blush looks nice and fresh and natural on my cheeks.

Next I prep my eyes, at the moment I have been using Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. Its a really creamy neutral color that works great as a primer and doesnt crease. I just put this all over my lid then apply shadow. Currently just using my tiny little Maybelline palette. These eyeshadows have great pigmentation for a drugstore brand and blend very well. The colors are excellent and I like that they have a few shimmery colours and some mattes in there as well. It is great for travelling as the selection lends itself to a few different natural looks.

Sticking to fairly neutral colors for an everyday no make up look, I take the matte brown shade over lower lid, a tiny bit of the gold/bronze shade in the lower lash line and outer corner and the shimmery neutral shade (I use this one to death, almost run out) used to blend all these in.  I use my Sigma Brushes for this also. The E55 Shader brush and the E40 Blending brush. I do prefer my Mac 239 for shading as its just that little bit bigger but sadly it has gone walk about! :-(

Then I curl my lashes (using just a revlon curler at the moment - in need of a new one!!) and apply my Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black and a little of the Nyx Butter Gloss in Maple Blonde for a nice Pink Gloss on the lips and I am all ready to go!

If you guys have any recommendations on any products I should try please let me know.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey your blog is so cute!! Good on you. I totally need some makeup lessons and tips on what to buy. I'm so clueless and now I'm in my 30's (eek) I really need a good makeup routine.

    ReplyDelete