Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

Feeling lost for content and direction for Blog

This is a random post, I have been feeling at a loss lately regarding the direction I want to take my blog.



I know I want to do beauty related posts, reviews, current make up and skincare routines, hauls etc. But I also want to post on other things from my life that have more depth.

I find myself writing down lists of ideas for posts and although I can come up with half a dozen ideas, I have complete writers block! I sit at the computer, fingers over the keyboard, staring at the screen lol.

I dont know if it is because life is just so busy at the moment, spare time is hard to come by these days......renovating the house is a little hectic, working 1 day shy of full-time hours, 2 little kids to look after and a house that I attempt to keep in some sort of order, is just making switching off to sit down and write a little difficult.

I have come up with a game plan - contacted a third party for a design/content consultation in regards to my blog. Hopefully she can give me some great advice, direction with content and help with the look and design of my page. This might give me a little boost having someone to shoot around ideas with.

I have really loved starting my site and so I just cant wait to find my niche in the blogging community and growing my page. I just need to be patient, try not to over think things and let it happen naturally.

A couple more weeks to go and work will decrease a little and I will have a few days a week spare again - I think that will make a huge difference to my frame of mind and capability to think straight lol.

I have loved joining in with conversations and getting to know a few of you as I try to get involved in different groups across social media.

Thanks again for all the support.

Hopefully a lot more posts to follow in the future :-)

Have a great week!

Little photo of the stunning view on the way home this weekend!



6 comments:

  1. So funny that you posted this because I was sat at my computer last night with the exact same problem! I have just rebranded as well, as now I'm stuck for ideas. I like your tip about being patient and letting things happen naturally... I think I need to do more of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel!!! I recently started my blog and I thought I had an idea of who I wanted to be online and it turns out I may be leaning in a different direction. I say, it's okay to jump around a little while you discover who you are! Nobody's perfect right out the gate. It's awesome how open you are about it! Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand. I have been blogging on and off for 10 years and I recently rebranded/started over/whatever you want to call it. It has been hard but I feel better about where my blog is going. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe taking a mini break will let the ideas start flowing again. Every blogger goes through this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your writer's block goes away soon. I have no doubt that you will overcome it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate writer's block - especially when you have the topic but just can't seem to get the content flowing. One little trick that has been working for me lately is to just start typing about anything, the weather, what I had for dinner last night, how I don't have anything to write about, etc. ANY words on the page seem to break through that blinking cursor nightmare :) Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete