Pages

Friday 10 July 2015

My new Erin Condren Life Planner




I have been trying to find just the right planner that will let me organise EVERYTHING. I work from home with my main job and have an ironing business as well, plus all the appointments that come along with being a mum of two ie. Doctors, outings, preschool events etc.

After a lot of research and dozens of youtube review videos I settled on the Erin Condren Life Planner. I had not heard of it before but in my searching stumbled across it.

There were a few that stood out, for example, Day Designer and the Lily Pulitzer, but in the end I went with the Life Planner.

I loved how colourful it was (each month is a different colour theme), loved the quality of the ring binder, the month at view for each month as well as week by week for every month. She also has a year at a glance and plenty of pages at the back for notes or anything else you may wish to add. There was a good amount of space on the side of each week and across the bottom to add any extra lists or meal plans etc that you may need to do for the week.

I settled on the rose gold ready to ship 18 month edition. It was on my doorstep (here in Australia) within 2 weeks. I opted for the 18 month one that started this July as I did not have a diary or planner at all for this year yet. It arrived beautifully packaged and with a few little surprise extras thrown in there, some greeting cards, gift stickers and a sample sheet of the 'do it all daily dots'.

A lot of people plan these days electronically on their phones or tablets but I have to say for me nothing beats old fashioned paper and pen LOL. I am a list maker, I love writing lists!! HAHA

Another thing to add, when you go to the Erin Condren website, you will see there are so many extra accessories and stickers you can purchase to use with your planner. I found nothing really stood out in this area for me apart from the 'do it all daily dots' and the interchangeable covers (which is awesome!). I prefer to buy all my stickers off somewhere like etsy, get them personalised to your needs and pick the colours you like etc.

I keep my life planner very simplified, I use small stickers to mark all of my clients and appointments, bills etc but I do not necessarily decorate my weeks. I have noticed a lot of people like to really decorate with washy tape pretty stickers and things but I am really not too good at that sort of thing and well I actually like the look of a fairly clean page, so I keep my weeks simple in design.

Here are a few photos of what the layout inside looks like.


If you are on a hunt for a good planner I would definitely give the Life Planner a try, nothing really to dislike about this yet but hey it has only been 2 weeks I will have to check back in with you all after a few months of use. But so far I have been loving the ability to personalise and have space to do everything I need a planner to do.

If you have any other planners to recommend or maybe even somewhere you recommend getting all your accessories for your planner from, I would love to hear.

Have a great week guys.






8 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on wanting to use good old fashioned paper when it comes to daily planning. There's something incredibly satisfying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a clean planner page too. The decorations I see on instagram are pretty, but they'd just stress me out! Erin Condren is a great planner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, I have started using some stickers but they are very practical ones marking days I work and days I have clients etc. very simple but a slight touch :-) I'll upload a pic of current week soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm also a pen & paper planner girl! I'm in love with my Moleskine though - the weekly planner in the soft leather binding. It gives me the left side in a calendar format and the right side for notes/to-do lists. It's really simple and fairly inexpensive (less than 20€), which is a huge bonus for me as I'm on a fairly tight budget. I think the Erin Condren planner is gorgeous, but I just can't get myself to pay that much for a planner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same. I love having a paper planner - I steer away from my phone calendar because I never check it or use it. I have a Kikki K one at the moment and I love how colourful it is. I find that I tend to use it more when they are "fun" as opposed to the typical work diaries! x

    Jess | It's That Time For

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like opening a shiny new planner!! I've heard really good things about the Erin Condren planners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love planners and diaries! haha Im with you there!
    Anjelica
    fashion-fitness-food.com

    ReplyDelete